For event participants to ECP 2016, enrich your stay in our ancient Nitra! We have prepared an interesting program in the form of visits to the Upper Town, whith attractions of tremendous history and wonderful architecture.
“Discovering the Beauty of the Upper Town” has the following program:
- Train departure “Nitra Express” from Svätopluk Square
- Tour of the cathedral – Basilica of St. Emeráma
- The cathedral tower (in the case of favorable weather conditions)
- Pribinovo square with a statue of Atlas (Corgon in Slovak)
- A visit to the Diocesan Library
- A Visit to the Mead Museum, associated with mead, with a tasting in the 300 year old cellar.
- And lastly, another taste of Slovakia, a typical chestnut and chocolate treat.
The Tour of the Upper Town, with the visit to the Museum of Mead, takes about two hours and is led by a Slovak and English-speaking guide.
The first tour starts on Saturday, 15.10.2016 at 14:00.
- Price per person: 10 EUR
- The maximum number per tour is 20 persons.
Interest in the tour, please report: e-mail: